Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What would happen if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
What would happen if... McGod came back as manager and we played crap for 18 months and went backwards instead of forwards?

Of course we all want him back as our next gaffer and he's got to be learning a lot from that Tosspot Warmcock but what if he doesn't produce the goods?

Todd has done well for us but poeple will be calling for his head soon enough... what if McStu has the same record? Will his beloved desciples call for his head or will we give him 3 years grace coz we love him?
?

May 21, 2005
Interesting, Tinnion just resigned from Bristol City after doing crap for them when he was previously adored after being a great player for them. If the same happened with McCall it would be a real shame as he would always be then remembered in a different light

G
'Interesting, Tinnion just resigned from Bristol City after doing crap for them when he was previously adored after being a great player for them. If the same happened with McCall it would be a real shame as he would always be then remembered in a different light'

No i completely disagree. Tinnion was always looked upon as a minor legend by Bristol fans...McCall is considered by some to be the actual club of Bradford City itself.

Added to the fact that he's a fan and loves the club McCall would be literally be uncritisizable and probably...unsackable.

Unlike Tinnion McCall would wield an immense power if he managed this club. The power of the supporters, I have said it before but if Julian Rhodes appointed McCall then the manager would become more powerful than the Chairman himself...if McCall had a fallout with somebody...even Julian Rhodes then the fans would automatically asume the other person was wrong and McCall was right and demand the resignation of his opponent.

IMO thats the major obstical to McCall being manager...he would have ultimate power

The light in which we view him in would not change even if he did rubbish and even if he did absolutely terrible it would take something like a 15 game losing run to sack him.

Appointing him as manager would be a bit of a gamble because if he was crap then it would be next to impossible to sack him.

G
Dbantx said:
'Interesting, Tinnion just resigned from Bristol City after doing crap for them when he was previously adored after being a great player for them. If the same happened with McCall it would be a real shame as he would always be then remembered in a different light'

No i completely disagree. Tinnion was always looked upon as a minor legend by Bristol fans...McCall is considered by some to be the actual club of Bradford City itself.

Added to the fact that he's a fan and loves the club McCall would be literally be uncritisizable and probably...unsackable.

Unlike Tinnion McCall would wield an immense power if he managed this club. The power of the supporters, I have said it before but if Julian Rhodes appointed McCall then the manager would become more powerful than the Chairman himself...if McCall had a fallout with somebody...even Julian Rhodes then the fans would automatically asume the other person was wrong and McCall was right and demand the resignation of his opponent.

IMO thats the major obstical to McCall being manager...he would have ultimate power

The light in which we view him in would not change even if he did rubbish and even if he did absolutely terrible it would take something like a 15 game losing run to sack him.

Appointing him as manager would be a bit of a gamble because if he was crap then it would be next to impossible to sack him.

That's probably the most naive post I've ever seen!

gaza75

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Something has to give Yeovil,Southend and Bournemouth teams we should beating how long are people going to turn up and watch that crap.The club has turned the corner in the way its running, the money situation is in hand the club even has the goodness let under11s in for nothing what it does not need is that p#ss poor sh#t we are producing at home.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
MBWilko is what we need every game to make things happen , when he is out we don't play so good, Schuey is just coming back and didn't have a bad game yesterday,Yeovil, are a young quick side,that big black lad who played out wide right Amankwaah and the No.9 Gall gave us some real problems yesterday, Gall matched, and beat Ben on the wing .

G
we can't rely on one player all season though , yesterday we underperformed badly against opponents who look like they can hold their own In this mediocre league .

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
I wouldnt want stuart back there would be to much pressure on him, he should stay what he is a legend.What we need is a hungry young coach like adie Boothroyd who is doing well at Watford.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
McCall will not come back to City unless....

1. He fails miserably at another club first and our manager is on the slippery slope...

Or

2. We are in the Championship at the bare minimum doing well.. Plus 1.

or

3. We get a massive influx of cash and the chairman goes mad...

Or

4. We are in the Championship pushing for promotion and our manager dies...

Get used to it fellas he isnt interested unless the situation is soooooo air tight he couldnt fail..

I would rather we get Kammy back than ever take Macca... A miles better option...

McCall would add a few bums on seats until such a time he was found out to be just like every other manager...

May 18, 2005
I can never understand why people automatically assume that just because McCall was a good player he will be a good manager. He might, he might not. The skill sets required for each job are totally different, and success in one area is no guarantee of success in the other.

I wouldn't want to see McCall here until he'd actually done something at another club as a manager and shown that he can do the job.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
why dont we bring back tinion, he's a good record in this league ;)

seriousely there is no need for change unless we are in a relegation fight come january but we wont, we'll be second

gaza75

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
The thing is we have done well with managers who have had no track record
Roy Mcfarland
Trevor Cherry
Terry Dolan
Chris K
Paul Jewell
it's managers who have done well at other clubs then come to City and done fook all
John Docherty and Lennie Lawerence spring to mind

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Although seeing McCall as manager would be a dream, like was said in a earlier post he would be virtually un-sackable, sentiment does'nt win you matches!!!!. we've got Todd and Davison as our men in charge weather right or wrong, come the christmas period if we are not up amongst the top six then call for their heads

May 18, 2005
I think people are losing touch with our situation. We are not so far on from administration and all the mess that went with it. The fact that we have a team that is getting any points at all, never mind raising expectations of play off places, is a credit to Todd and the management staff. On scant resources he is over-performing.

How quickly people forget.

G
baldbantam said:
I think people are losing touch with our situation. We are not so far on from administration and all the mess that went with it. The fact that we have a team that is getting any points at all, never mind raising expectations of play off places, is a credit to Todd and the management staff. On scant resources he is over-performing.

How quickly people forget.
Aye.

3 games unbeaten....

Played piss poor, yet come from behind to rescue a point...

The same people calling for a change of manager are the same ones that are praising Lee Crooks for looking like a footballer for the 1st time in his BCFC .career

May 19, 2005
In a House, In Thornton-by-the-Sea
McCall will not come back to City unless....

1. He fails miserably at another club first and our manager is on the slippery slope...

Or

2. We are in the Championship at the bare minimum doing well.. Plus 1.

or

3. We get a massive influx of cash and the chairman goes mad...

Or

4. We are in the Championship pushing for promotion and our manager dies...

Get used to it fellas he isnt interested unless the situation is soooooo air tight he couldnt fail..

I would rather we get Kammy back than ever take Macca... A miles better option...

McCall would add a few bums on seats until such a time he was found out to be just like every other manager...
Finger on the pulse as ever T:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well a massive influx of cash would certainly help any manager:flame: Is the new investor ginger as well:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.