Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whats happening at Sarfend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
The Don has said he was being racially abused so he put his fists up at the Southen fans.

We were on for a certain 3 points until the wanker of a ref decided that fans are aloud to be racist to the players and their not aloud to defend themselves!

:mad::mad::mad:

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Colin Todd is about to be interviewed on Radio Leeds, hopefully more light will be shed on the subject now.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Colin Todd has said the abuse Ricketts was suffering was disgraceful and unbelieveable.

Colin said it was a racist remark, he is definatley going to complain and Todd wants a word with the Referee.

"We have been punished for something that has no place in football".

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
sounds like City have grounds for an appeal on that basis - I'd like to have seen the Southend fan stand and say what he did face to face ( more like face to belly @ 6ft 8ins ) with Ricketts - lets hope the courts and Southend deal with that idiot and ban / fine him.

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Isn't there a delay for red cards coming into effect though? There was for Holloway's.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
what an absolute disgrace...............since when has it been a sending off offence to hold your fist up to the crowd, it could have been the result of him celebrating after getting racially abused by the morans.

If the FA allow this to stand, then they can forget about 'kicking racism out of football' when they allow players to be goaded and racially abused and then be punished for reacting. They will be getting a letter from me........

Further more, neither the ref or the linesman could not have possibly heard what had been said, and were not in full command of the facts..........in circumstances like that a yellow card would have been the preferred option.

However, well done everybody in that team, great defence and team performance.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
no wonder that most fans think 90% of refs are nothing but cnuts and too full of themselves - was Ricketts fist shaking likely to have caused a pitch invasion ? , I doubt it - as others have sad it makes a mockery of Kicking raciscm out of the game .

youngbill

C&B Member
May 25, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Well the end result was a good one under the circumstances,so full marks for a great defensive effort by the lads and a point saved is better than 3 lost,but I cannot believe what I am reading about the inept,incompetant officials.How many times have we seen a goalie turn around to the tormenters behind him and say "stick that up your arse"? It sounds like the Don was being called some dreadful things---who wouldn't stick it up the crowd.Good for him----this will be a test for the mettle of the F.A. if it is proved that racial abuse WAS involved and if they are serious in their attempts to ban racism from football.Cheers.

meelin

C&B Member
Jun 1, 2005
Ricketts must be one of the most laid back players in our history, the abuse must have been bad for him to react like that.

He seems to have ben sent off because of what the linesman has said(assistant refs - you're having a laugh)to the referee, all he can have seen would have been Ricketts shaking his fist. He can't possibly have known what was going on behind the goal, all he can have thought was that Ricketts was inciting the crowd by shaking his fist.

I can't believe that Ricketts is looking at a three match ban for this, and, in my opinion, it is just another case of refs being completely anti City, and the standard that we get week in week out is nothing short of scandalous.

citygirl

Mum ~ Granny Bantam
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Keighley
www.facebook.com
i just can't believe that ricketts would react to anything other than EXTREME provocation....

it's just as unbelievable as if we'd said that wethers had been tackled, got up and decked the player...it just wouldn't happen.

as you quite rightly say, don is one of our most laid back players, and for him to react to what was said, only serves me to believe that it was that bad...

but i didn't realise it was the referee's right to dish out red-cards for stuff like this...

it remains to be seen.

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
Completely different account here

"However, that was nothing in comparison action-wise to what followed. In the build-up to the goal, Jamal Campbell-Ryce was making his way to the substitute’s bench having picked up an injury, and whilst walking behind Donovan Ricketts’ goal the former Tranmere keeper [lee: getting him mixed up with Howarth here? Or did the Don play for Tranmere at some point? Ah well, it is a Southend report, I'll let it go] swore at the winger. Despite the Premiership referee,Phil Miller, missing the incident, as soon as the goal had been given the linesman correctly flagged and made Miller aware of what he had seen. Miller then approached Ricketts and issued a straight red card, to the delight of the Southend fans. It must be said well done to the linesman who showed excellent bottle to flag when he could have easily let it go."

From The Little Gazette, a Southend internet fanzine.

So, according to them, Ricketts dismissal was nothing to do with the crowd, despite this story of someone getting chucked out for racism.

Is this article just a gigantic cock-up or was it the actual turn of events? I guess only Ricketts will know.

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
Having said that, The Little Gazette is one of those extremely biased, BfB type fanzines that lets passion cloud its judgement.

Further down it says that 'Bradford came with a clear plan to sit back and defend.' What about the first 30 mins, I thought we were totally on top? And when you go down to 10 men and have to put a chubby, aging, stand-in keeper in the net (Neville Southall comparison, anyone?), defending is usually the best policy, no?

Make of it what you will, I just thought it was pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.