Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whats The Best Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
You Have Been To Watch As A City Fan????????????????????????
I Have Many Games That Come In The Best Catorgary,but The Ultimate For Me Where Every Fooker Went Mental Was Forest Away.4000 City Fans Blue Army,blue Army,blue Army.showler Ormanroyd Drew 2-2 And Went Through To The Next Round.mind You Everton 3-1,arsenal 2-1,liverpool 1-0 In The Premier League And In The Cup In 81,wolves 3-2 Cryed My Eyes Out.oh Shit I Could Go On Forever,so Lets Hear Your Best Game Or Games.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Entertainment wise, Tranmere 4 - Bradford 5 last season.

Most antisipated was Wolves 2 - Bradford 3 I don't think I slept the night before.

Other ones are the trip to Wembley, the first game in the Prem at Boro, the game against Liverpool, the Win against Everton in the FA Cup to name a few.

My best game as a City fan as gotta be the Wolves game, even though i wasn't there!
A dream come true, watched it in the Queens Hall & shed a few tears myself;)
Vinnie Jones would say, "It's been emotional":D

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Probably the wolves match, so much depended on one match and we rightfully delivered it...................................................closely followed by the win against liverpool on the last day of the season

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Everytime this comes up i seem to be the only one who chooses this one but Hammers 5-4 City...

Quality game only ruined by the lack of substitutional savvy of a Mr P.Jewell...

Bench full of Defenders and City up by two...mmmmmmmmmm..

Di Canio was a master diver that day and i will always remember him scraping with Lamps to takethe pen the big fookin baby...

Great game with JL and his Red hair having a blinder....:D

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
How anyone can class Wembley, Wolves and Liverpool as enjoyable is beyond me - my stomach was turning and arse nipping for 90 minutes.....great afterwards - but for pure enjoyment they'd probably be 3 of the WORST games ever!!!!..

Tonyd is on the right lines - the WHU game was a classic - one commentator on match of the day said it was one of the best EVER games featured on MOTD....

The Tranmere game last season has to be well up there - although Robson's first game in charge against Millwall weren't too bad either - 2-0 down at half time with the sky camera's there and an eventual 3-2 win - great game!!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I was at both the West Ham 5-4 thriller and the Tranmere 5-4 thriller and I can say I was completely gutted come the final whistle at West Ham but at Tranmere on the right end of the scoreline it was pure bliss!

The last two minutes of the Barnsley game where Gordon Watson scored twice weren't bad either, also high on my list the 2-2 against Burnley when we only had 9 men.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Thorney, were you like the rest of us when they scored their 4th to draw level...

It seemed everyone in our end turned to the next bloke and said "oh shit we've lost".... and we did...

Their keeper that came on, Bywater i think???? was a big plus as he was fookin shocking ...Bag of nerves lol......

Still to this day blame Jewell for that loss in the same way every other manager seems to fook up when it comes to using subs...

Must be a club curse...:eek:

Thorney said:
The last two minutes of the Barnsley game where Gordon Watson scored twice weren't bad either, also high on my list the 2-2 against Burnley when we only had 9 men.
I forgot about them Thorney, VP went ballistic when we scored in them 2 games, I had bruises all over my legs with jumping over seats & hugging strangers at them games!!!:D

BTW that West Ham game stuck in my mind all that season & if we'd have got relegated by a few points,then that would have been the game I'd have blamed it on!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
tony d said:
Thorney, were you like the rest of us when they scored their 4th to draw level...

It seemed everyone in our end turned to the next bloke and said "oh shit we've lost".... and we did...
Yes I did feel we would lose at that stage, I said it at Tranmere too though when they pulled it back to 4-4, a sence of history repeating it'self as I was at the Tramere game with the same person I went to the West Ham game with but thankfully the outcome was different.

There are times in game when you sense what is going to happen, at Blackpool this season I knew they would win one nil and so did every other city fan there.

G
Bolton away in '85 clinching the 3rd division, 9 years old and 1st real experience of promotion (Bobby Campbell doing Bournemouth for MacBastard is just too much of a distant memory, as was Liverpool in the League cup)...

Derby away ("MacBastard" repeat ad naseum, no idea what they were on about at the time)...

Sean McCarthy's debut against Tranmere...

Beni inspired massacre of Chelsea...

The aforementioned "Flash"/Barnsley comeback...

komakino said:
)...
Sean McCarthy's debut against Tranmere...
What a way to mark your debut eh, scored, missed a pen & got sent off while we lost 2-1!, not bad for a record (at the time) £250k signing:D

Status
Not open for further replies.