Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When is Chiksen back?

Jun 9, 2017
cheshire
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know when Chiksen is back?

We got good results with him in the starting line up and with more youngsters starting he has good pedigree which we need in the side, plus he has been involved in quite a few goals.

He seems to have been out ages, what exactly was his injury??

Aug 14, 2012

We got good results with him in the starting line up and with more youngsters starting he has good pedigree which we need in the side, plus he has been involved in quite a few goals.

When he first got the injury Stuart said he would be out until the new year at least so wouldn't expect to see him until after the FA Cup 3rd round at the earliest. His injury is a significant thigh tear.

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
When he first got the injury Stuart said he would be out until the new year at least so wouldn't expect to see him until after the FA Cup 3rd round at the earliest. His injury is a significant thigh tear.
In addition, he's most likely to need another 'pre season' of training, so perhaps February ?

Jun 27, 2012
Do we think we may look to bring another left footed option in in January or does it depend on how well Hendrie and/or Robinson do?

Also just wondering - is Hendrie with for the season or till January?

BL

City Fan Since '86
C&B Member
Apr 17, 2013
I like Chicksen and we've missed him. He's certainly been a good replacement for Meredith, and dare I say an improvement. At least he can cross. Mezza's crossing was shocking.

Aug 14, 2012
Do we think we may look to bring another left footed option in in January or does it depend on how well Hendrie and/or Robinson do?

Also just wondering - is Hendrie with for the season or till January?
Hendries loan is until January but would be surprised if that wasn't extended as he hasn't done too bad when he has played and can cover a number of positions. Also i think he is out of contract at the end of the season at Burnley so we could look at bringing him in on a permanent deal in the summer as i don't think Burnley would be looking to extend his deal.

idlebantam

C&B Member
Aug 3, 2007
Idle
I like Chicksen and we've missed him. He's certainly been a good replacement for Meredith, and dare I say an improvement. At least he can cross. Mezza's crossing was shocking.
First time I saw Chicksen play for us, I thought we had signed a dud one. However, he quickly won me over and agree that we have missed him. I dont agree that he is an improvement on Meredith though. Nevertheless, looking forward to his return to the team sometime in the new year

May 28, 2005
Has a much better cross on him, but Meredith was miles better defensively - he was tough for a start - and also he was comfortable running with the ball and taking us down the pitch - I've never seen Chicksen do this. Still, it'll be good to see him back as his deliveries were a real weapon.

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk

Not sure, but his mate Turksey is back two weeks on Monday.

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
Has a much better cross on him, but Meredith was miles better defensively - he was tough for a start - and also he was comfortable running with the ball and taking us down the pitch - I've never seen Chicksen do this. Still, it'll be good to see him back as his deliveries were a real weapon.
I don't get this Meredith love in that people have. I don't see him as particularly strong in the tackle, he was carried by his pace and ability to get to the ball first. There were much better left backs in L1 - Amaari Bell being one, and dare I say Dean Lewington another. Meredith was most effective in the area between our box and the opponents box.