Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When Kamara was sacked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
not really,but GR had vision and got rid.The difference between GR and JR is GR was asstute and didnt carry knowone.If GR was here today Todd wouldnt be.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
jimmy said:
not really,but GR had vision and got rid.The difference between GR and JR is GR was asstute and didnt carry knowone.If GR was here today Todd wouldnt be.
If GR was here today, the club wouldn't be! :D Sorry I couldn't resist.

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
I was so frigging angry when he was sacked I made my first ever post on the old City Gent site.
I also signed myself up to those email updates, which drove my email account up the wall. Anybody remember them?

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Probably the best decision GR ever made, and I said so at the time.

As much as I liked Kammy he got ideas above his station and went all 'Fergie in europe' on us. In complete contrast to Todd he ended up chanhing the team and formation every week to try and out fox the opposition. Which is no bad thing upto a point but imho he went too far and it ended up confusing the players and our performances and results suffered because of it.

Apart from his wage from Sky he has a few other irons in the fire that appear to pay quite well. If anyone wants him back at VP it would have to be a hell of an offer to tempt him.

I came across this website while looking for summat else. Nice work if you can get it... :eek: :eek: :D

http://www.cityspeakersinternational.co.uk/speakers/speaker_chris_kamara.php

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
I actually had the pleasure of being at a 'gentlemans evening' with Chris Kamara as the guest speaker. It was at Brighouse Town FC and they had the comedian Jonny Casson on aswell. Kammy tells some great stories, jokes and even a bit of banter with the crowd, while keeping it quite light and interesting. He's not for the faint hearted though, every other word was a swear word and some of his jokes and stories were VERY close to the bone. He even told a few racist jokes which suprised me but probably shows the measure of the man that he can laugh at himself. All in all a quality night and i would certainly recommend that if you get a chance, go see him. :)

Costello

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Its a little ironic, but Kamara was sacked for exactly the kind of run, and kind of shit scared to attack performances that we are experiencing now.

Kamara could motivate the side for the big games, but he was tactically naive, and GR did absolutely the right thing in pulling the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.