Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When was the last time............

Status
Not open for further replies.
.............City won a cup tie?

By my reckoning it was away at Macclesfield, the season after our relegation from the Prem in 2001!

It's this point of the season when we realise that were not gonna win the league & all our pre-season optimism usually disapears along with our pride after been beaten by some lower league minnow.

I'll be there tomorrow, fully expecting the mighty "Dale" to outfight, outplay & outthink my beloved Bantams!:D

I must be a reet sucker for punishment or sommat! Pmsl

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
TBH mate - i've got a funny feeling we'll play to our potential - and they there's - and we'll stuff em.....honest!!....:D

600 City fans - a crowd of 2,500 - and a 4-1 win for City!!

There's a few good boozers round the ground apparently, so if your not coming on the Shippers bus i'll give you a bell when we get there!!

At the ground there are two bars to choose from, Studds & the Ratcliffe Arms. Studds is located underneath the Pearl Street Stand and is worth a visit, if only to sample the large range of tasty pies & pasties on offer at £1.50 (which are also available inside the ground). You can even have a pie and peas for £1.80. No real ales here, but the bar has some lovely looking barmaids which softens the blow. The Ratcliffe Arms is located at the car park entrance to the ground, on Sandy Lane. This pub has SKY TV and on my last visit had a mixture of home and away fans. A couple of minutes walk along Willbutts Lane, is the Church Pub, which seemed to be the favoured haunt of away fans. Also on Willbutts Lane, is a small chip shop, with lengthy queues.

If you arrive early, the Cemetery Hotel, located at the bottom of Sandy Lane and on the corner with Bury Road, is also worth a visit. This comfortable historic pub has a range of real ales on offer and again friendly clientele. Otherwise alcohol is available inside the ground, although it is cans poured into plastic glasses.

"the bar has some lovely looking barmaids which softens the blow."

Like the sound of that mate!;)

G
we'll be out of the cup before xmas
it all started going wrong in the cup against reading in the prem
newcastle for the cup, where souness is at that time is another question

ps. hutchings was the flop jeffries did ok, todd's a lot better than both together

G
hutchings was worse dude (as manager)
if i gave you a cheque for 10million would you lose it, thats what hutchings did

jeffries did a lot better with the money, think etherington, caldwell for example -arguably jess (a top scorer (from midfield) in his time)- england and scotland u-21 internationals, i'm not saying he was perfect ('no ones perfect')just better, he gets the stick because he was in charge of the club when relegated, city was relegated at xmas
and he got some good perfomances out of the old city players, proportionally he won just as many games if not more (considering old division 1) and that was the last time we gave sheffield utd a decent match
he went at the right time though, just like nicky law did, and hutchings (in fact they all could have possibly gone earlier)

lets hope todd doesn't think about signing juve's ravanelli lol
todds one of the best city managers ever lets hope he can get better (and prove it)

i'd say windass to start tonight

G
Barmy said:
what about Locke or Tod.. :D:D
:D:D
you tell me, not up to standard?
what about 'howarths' standard? have a good look at him
closer to conference than pl
get vaesen in on loan again

Status
Not open for further replies.