Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which three city players hold the key to success in your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
These are the players who hold the key to success for me next season. Do you agree, disagree, post below and let me know.

1. M. Bridge-Wilkinson
Great performances at the back end of last season and from what I hear he's looked impressive in the pre-season. With MBW I think we have someone with creativity to unlock teams who just come to VP to defend therefore we may have a player who can change our home form. If he stays injury free I'm sure he'll make a massive difference to the side and our midfield should be proved to be more effective than last season.

2. D. Windass
Without Deano last season we could of been relegated, I'm not expecting him to put in the same season as last season but if we are seriously going to challenge for promotion then Deano will be one of the main men. He won't have the whole weight of goalscoring on just his shoulders now like last season with the likes of Cadders and Cooke around but when things aren't going to plan you can always rely on Deano to try raise the heads of the other players.

3. M. Bower
I seriously thought of Wethers and Petta but have put Bower ahead of them both. Last seasons player of the season has proved he has got what it takes. Played out of his skin at times last season and being a Bradford boy has the club at heart and will always give 100%, looks like he will go on to bigger things like O'Brien and Richards did and in my eyes on of the most promising defenders in this division. His presence in the back 4 is critical to success this season.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
My 3 are
1 -- MBW, see reasons above
2 -- Cadders , if he stay free of injury, he will rip defences apart
3 -- if he has the desire

Our forwards this year could give teams so much trouble that the defence wont be needed
(lol unless they play like MKDons when they had 4 attacks and we give them a goal each time and got beat at home 1-4)

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
1. Cadders/ Cookey---- I know Deano will perform and get amongst the goals. However, i believe the "second striker" is the one who will get the added goals to push us up there or there abouts..

2. Petta, only because i think Schuey, TK and MBW are proven performers and Bobby is the one whos new to the mix and if he plays to his strength i think our four in the centre will be better than anyone else in this and most Championship sides.. With quality through the centre and two wingers getting the crosses in things can only be top draw...

3. Keeper whoever he is.. Hendo kept us in alot of games with his class last year and we need that again.....

May 20, 2005
We're gonna score a fair few goals this season imo, MBW, Cadders(if fit),Windy, Cooke, Schumaker, Petta & Morrison will give plenty of options offensively.

I'm however not as confident in the capabilities of the defence and would expect to concede more goals than last season.

Should be quite an exciting season with scorelines such as 4-3, 3-2 etc

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
NormanCorner said:
We're gonna score a fair few goals this season imo, MBW, Cadders(if fit),Windy, Cooke, Schumaker, Petta & Morrison will give plenty of options offensively.

I'm however not as confident in the capabilities of the defence and would expect to concede more goals than last season.

Should be quite an exciting season with scorelines such as 4-3, 3-2 etc
Iagree with you Steve lots of goals this year just hope its the Kevin Keegan theory if they get three we get four,one posative from Darren Give the ball away is that he has found out where row Z is and made a good clearance against Darlo clearing an certain ball goal bound.

Chasser

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brighton
3 Inform players dont make a winning team, It takes 11.
City's current squad has the makings of a promotion winning team. from g/keeping,defence,through to midfield & attack. If petta & cadders perform
to their capabilities,as we already know what Deano, MBW Shuey & co are capable of, we are in for one exciting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.