Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Who's off to Tranmere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thinking of going but its dependent on our result against Chesterfield. If we have a convincing win then this looking like our easiest month i think this may be the start of another 5 game winning run so i'll go. If its a draw i probably wont be going, if we lose than they'd have to pay me to go to Tranmere.:rolleyes:

Should imagine most will be thinking along the same lines

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Tranmere away is one of the hardest games of the season, so saying it's our easiest month this month would be under estimating the opposition.
Take Yeovil out of the 5 game run and you will see we only got a total of 4 points from Chesterfield (H), Tranmere (A), Swindon (A) and Colchester (H) and remember 3 of those 4 points came from a last minute winner in a 5-4 win.

Tranmere are a very good side who will be in or around the play-offs come the end of the season.

I'm undecided of whether to go to Tranmere, I doubt it will provide as much value for money as last season and the fact it's on a Friday night does put me off, combined with the results of last weekend my initial thoughts are I'm not going but like other fans I'm fickle and a win on Friday night would probably tempt me to travel to Tranmere.

Jul 5, 2005
Yeah me and two others i travel to most games with will be there.got to get behind the team when there not doing so well as thats when the players need it more than ever.the last time i went on a friday night to tranmere was when the 1st gulf war had kicked off.

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
It's all easy going to watch your team when they're winning/optimisms high etc... but jeez the lads need our support more than ever at the moment.

The injuries aren't good and I like everybody else suddenly feel a lot less optimistic about our promotion chances, but everybody deserting (again!!) won't do the cause any good!!

I for one will be travelling to Tranmere irrespective of Friday's result.

The season is nowhere near dead and buried yet and I do think we'll get back on track.

We're going to beat Chesterfield and get a hard earned point at Tranmere.

The lads need us behind them so get your arses there!!

HGTEB31!!

G

To be honest i dont think Tranmere will even make the playoffs this year. Higher mid-table but i think they will just miss out.

They have sold their best striker Ian Hume and replaced him with bleedin Delroy Facey.

I disagree i think this is our easiest month on paper. Yes we did poorly against most of these teams last year but bar Tranmere these are the sides we need to look at getting results from. Tranmere is by far the hardest game out of the five.

Chesterfield H
Tranmere A
Yeovil H
Swindon A
Colchester H

With Swindon looking weaker than last year on paper it IS the easiest month, if you disagree then find me another month with four games that we should 100% win no excuses if we are to be aiming for a playoff position.

As i said only on paper though, with City seemingly been unable to win these must win games it could be a disaster.

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
I do agree with you DB but since when did City ever do anything the right/easy way round?!! :D

HGTEB31!!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think your setting the bar a little too high if you expect us to win the next 5 games and finish September with a 100% record, a more realistic target is 10 points.

Add to that No Marc Bridge-Wilkinson and no Ricketts and you will find it will be one of the tougher months as we have already learn't from Bournemouth and Blackpool, no Wilko in midfield so far has suggested no creativity or attacking flair.

Under estimate teams at your own risk but I shall put money on Bradford not picking up 15 points in September and if you are expecting 5 wins from 5 expect to be disapointed.

You may not agree with me but I'm being a realist, your being an optimist. If you offered Bradford 10 points from the next 5 games they would bite your hand off and so would many fans too.

G

'You may not agree with me but I'm being a realist, your being an optimist. If you offered Bradford 10 points from the next 5 games they would bite your hand off and so would many fans too.'

I would take 10 points anyday. I would be happy with 9 if we won all three of our home games in September.

What im saying is if our form continues the way it did last season without a 5 game winning run we will be looking at a relegation battle come the end of the season and i personally dont think we'll get a better chance to do it than this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.