Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Windass offer rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2005
According to Pulse Radio Julian has turned down a 500,000 offer from Wigan for Deano
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion Windass is in the form of his life and he's a far better player than he was during the Prem/Championship period mainly due to his fitness levels.It will really hurt our promotion chances if we loose him (who the fook do we replace him with?),however we need the money and £1/2mill for a 36yr old is good business.
And anyone under the delusions that the money could be spent on transfer fees is off target.....Yes, it may give Todd some scope on signing replacements the way he has during the close season, but if Julian has any sense which I'm sure he has, he will sit on the money and secure our future existence.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Morning Steve, Agree that we would be hard put too ,to refuse a good offer, It would upset all our fans as this is the best most of us have felt for 2 or 3 years, good side ,goals coming,great display on Tuesday, but Deano has to agree to go, and if his heart is not in it, he wont perform, he may be tempted by more money, who knows its gunna be a tough couple of days until we get outcome,,,, Whatch this space................:mad:

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
All I hope is that if Windass stays the moaning, whinging prats that masquerade as City fans see it as a positive step forward and get right behind City for the rest of this season.

I tend to think that an increased offer will follow the one made yesterday if Wigan can't find the striker they need and Windass may be on his way.

This would be a cruel blow for Toddy as the squad building looked almost complete and we looked on track for the coming season.

May 18, 2005
If true this is crazy money for a 36 year old and it must be accepted at some point, BUT if we replace Windass with Paul Shaw we are in for a very long and difficult season. We need to look at replacing him with a goalscorer (even if it is one from the conference) not somebody who is only capable of 10-15 goals a season.

Dont get me wrong im not moaning, i just hope any replacement is a worthy one.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Is any of this true or is it all speculation from what Jewell said on Goals on Sunday.

Jewell admitted to Deano still being Premiership class on the program and Kamara joked about him being able to do a Job for Wigan, to which Jewell remarked Toddy would kill him, and since then the rumour has grown and grown, my money is on Deano still being a City player this time next week and I hope I'm not proved wrong.

The way I see it is if Wigan did offer £500,000 for him we'd have to settle for mid-table at best, but if we keep Deano we could be pushing for the play-offs which would in turn generate £500,000 extra in gate receipts over the course of the season.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Rich_Con_BCFC said:
to be honest i am more bothered about MBW. :mad:
Don't believe everything you read, thats what Papers do guess where players are going and hope they hit the nail on the head.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
If its true what you say Norm then i'll be one very very very fooked off City fan, were not desperate for the money - were managing, Todd wouldn't be looking for "other" players if we were that skint, the "weve only just come out of admin" card doesn't wash with me, according to our chartered accountant (who does the books for L**ds amongst other football clubs) we have less debt now after the last admin than 75% of the other football league clubs.....IF we sold Deano and replaced him with a couple of players with the money - fine!! If JR sits on the brass then whats the fooking point in coming any more? We'll loose far more than 500,000 in lost gate receipts and possible promotion revenue!!......

Aug 23, 2005
Bradford, UK
king billy said:
If its true what you say Norm then i'll be one very very very fooked off City fan, were not desperate for the money - were managing, Todd wouldn't be looking for "other" players if we were that skint, the "weve only just come out of admin" card doesn't wash with me, according to our chartered accountant (who does the books for L**ds amongst other football clubs) we have less debt now after the last admin than 75% of the other football league clubs.....IF we sold Deano and replaced him with a couple of players with the money - fine!! If JR sits on the brass then whats the fooking point in coming any more? We'll loose far more than 500,000 in lost gate receipts and possible promotion revenue!!......
Very true, if this MBW thing is true i will be more than fooked off and with deano going aswell (hopefully not) personally i think we can wave bye bye to promotion, even play-offs. We need to know whats going in inside the club. :mad:

G
Rich_Con_BCFC said:
Very true, if this MBW thing is true i will be more than fooked off and with deano going aswell (hopefully not) personally i think we can wave bye bye to promotion, even play-offs. We need to know whats going in inside the club. :mad:

DON'T PANIC CAPTAIN MAINWARING!!!

G
Heres what Wigan fans are saying....

fuzz_62
Posted on 25/8 7:57Email this Message | Edit | Reply dean windas? according to the mirror we have tabled a 450k bid for 36 yr old windas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! surely not!!! he cant do it in the sodding first division never mind premiership!!
IP: Logged

Ernie_Witwoo
Posted on 25/8 8:04Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? Been on Wish FM about Windass, WTF!

Wonder what Dennis Law's doing these days !!!!!!!!

BUYAGAME
Posted on 25/8 8:16Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? What happend to this £40m you was spending?

Looney_Latic Posted on 25/8 8:21Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? Is this the same Windass who is top scorer in his division?

Get the facts right.

It would be a good back up signing.

Springfield_Blue_
Posted on 25/8 8:28Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? "Is this the same Windass who is top scorer in his division?

Get the facts right.

It would be a good back up signing."

Is this the same Windass who is 36 and the leading scorer in the 3rd division?

Perhaps we could see what Jonsey is up to - he'd have a go im sure.

yickticmon
Posted on 25/8 8:33Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? WE will have the warmest benches in the league with the size of Windass's ass...I'm fat as fook but he makes me look like twiggy ffs!

barrathea
Posted on 25/8 8:37Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? i just hope this is another pile of turd sent to us via the mirror.

HullPhil Posted on 25/8 8:53Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? Obviously Jobs for the boys being an ex-Premiership player for Bradford under your manager..... think of him as a Teddy Sherringham type of player..... very very clever, a finisher, but had no pace at 26 let alone 36..... he'll do a job.....

yickticmon

Posted on 25/8 9:04Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: dean windas? They reckon on the Bratfurd site that they have knocked back a 500k bid from us....Lets hope thats the last we here of that then.

PMSL!!

G
If Rhodes was to accept any bid for Windass it would have to reflect Windass's true value to our club. For starters theres no doubt some of that money would HAVE to be put towards two news strikers if we were to still challenge for promotion. But with the transfer window so close it would be next to impossible to bring in anyone decent.

I think Rhodes would cave in at 750k, accept the bid and hopefully give Toddy 250k for a new striker or two and use the other 500k to wipe out some remaining debts.

So what would 250k get us? Grant Holt on a permanent deal and Paul Shaw on loan anybody?

G
I find this very hard to believe.

Of all the strikers Jagger could go for, you really think he'd bid 500k for Dean Windass, with all due respect, no one in their right mind would take a 36 year old striker, thats never actually proved he can score in the top division to a side looking to stay up in the Premier League.

Thorneys spot on, its bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.