Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Windass..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

meelin

C&B Member
Jun 1, 2005
has been charged by the FA for being abusive and/or insulting towards a match official(in this case, the ref)after the game against Brentford on Monday - in the chuffing car park AFTER the game!!!!!!!

I know that Windass is a bit of a gobby git, but blimey, does the power of the ref extend to outside of the ground after the game has finished.

He has until the 20 January to reply to the charge.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The powers of the Referee might not extend to the Car Park but the powers of the Police will, if you abused someone in a car park you would probably get arrested if it was in ear shot of a copper. There is no disapline at this club and it's Deano's fault if he gets a suspension out of this.

It is completely uncalled for and unjustified.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
The time a ref can book a player before and after the game is something really riddiculous - think its something like an hour at least !!!

meelin

C&B Member
Jun 1, 2005
You are right there, but we are probably talking well over an hour before he got into the car park, taking into account a warm down, getting changed, maybe a visit to the banqueting suite, and then into the car home.

The ref surely can't have jurisdiction outside the ground so long after a game.

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
It doesn't matter what the ref can or can't do. Windass is well out of order. A ref should be allowed to come and go from a game without being abused by any official connected with either club involved in the game. Imagine what would happen if that was not the case with the likes of Bellamy, Windass and Rooney running around?

meelin

C&B Member
Jun 1, 2005
I am not trying to defend Windass, as I said he is a gobby git, the thing that puzzles me is how long after a game does a ref have jurisdiction ?

By the way,Happy New Year, BiN.

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
Lol, cheers Meelin and the same to you. Sorry I'm just annoyed at Deano for bringing more trouble to our club. What I believe is that if the FA have no jusridiction over this inncident then the police should.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
he's only himself to blame, he shouldn't of said it but...

..somebody needs to stop this indisciplin (isn't this the managers job)

...i wonder what he said and if it was along the lines of what he uttered to carl boyson at that fateful wrexham game last season.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
no escuse , should have kept his gob shut - will get another ban I reckon now - spme people never learn ! :-(

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
next best is Claridge on 4
wrong, bridgey has 5

Stevy C is joint with petta

he may be a lazy little bugger but he doesn't fail to get goals

i'm sure if cooke or forest got more games they'd score, but fair play to stevy for scoring from so many cameos

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
i meant forwards mate , not sure about Cooke , bet he has trouble opening a door , never mind finding the back of the net !

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
There is some time after a game where a ref still has jurisdiction but I think in this case the ref is duty-bound to report it to the FA irrespective of whether he can still issue a red card or take action as a referee. From what I have heard it was out-of-order and downright stupid, but nothing new from lardass there then. The ref is a friend of a friend of mine who witnessed this "altercation" and from what I have been told I can't see this being brushed aside without any punishment.

Anyone still "love" Deano Windass - the guy's a liability for me and has been for a long time.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
In a slight defence of Deano, i read after the incident that he only "took the mickey" out of the Referee and had his kid next to him, his defence is that he never swore - he said he'd have never sworn in front of his kid!!
We all know that whilst it may be justified referee's have got it in big style for Deano!! I doubt it would have been reported had it been Wethers for example!!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
king billy said:
In a slight defence of Deano, i read after the incident that he only "took the mickey" out of the Referee and had his kid next to him, his defence is that he never swore - he said he'd have never sworn in front of his kid!!
We all know that whilst it may be justified referee's have got it in big style for Deano!! I doubt it would have been reported had it been Wethers for example!!
Wethers wouldn't do something like that though that is the difference.

Deano because of his actions won't be pulling on a city shirt till March, that £150,000 from Barnsley looks good in hindsight.

He's made his own bed and he now has to lay in it, he can't do what he is paid to do from the stands so he should just concentrate on what he is paid to do and not go mouthing off at referee's whether it's abusive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.