Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game yesterday, spoilt in my opinion by the amount off chances our strikers missed!
We should have scored at least 6, yet struggled to put the Dons to the sword.
Main culprit was probably Deano followed by Cooky, who failed to capitalise from a suprising amount of quality crosses from MOTM Muirhead.

I think the difference between the balls crossed into the box yesterday, from the ones against Southend were the height off the crosses.
We managed to get them in the box at waist height or lower, which suits our strikers & as I said the other day, we played to our strikers strengths for a change!

I thought CT made a mistake when he moved Ben over to the left to accomodate Cadders, he should have left Muirhead there where he was ripping them to pieces.

The Rotherham game should be more like the Pool one, I'd like to see Kearney back in the middle with BMW back on the wing.
If we start losing we could just go for it & bring Muirhead & Cadders on!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Parrot said:
Good game yesterday, spoilt in my opinion by the amount off chances our strikers missed!
We should have scored at least 6, yet struggled to put the Dons to the sword.
Main culprit was probably Deano followed by Cooky, who failed to capitalise from a suprising amount of quality crosses from MOTM Muirhead.

I think the difference between the balls crossed into the box yesterday, from the ones against Southend were the height off the crosses.
We managed to get them in the box at waist height or lower, which suits our strikers & as I said the other day, we played to our strikers strengths for a change!

I thought CT made a mistake when he moved Ben over to the left to accomodate Cadders, he should have left Muirhead there where he was ripping them to pieces.

The Rotherham game should be more like the Pool one, I'd like to see Kearney back in the middle with BMW back on the wing.
If we start losing we could just go for it & bring Muirhead & Cadders on!
Two things mate...

Surely the fact the chances were there and either hit the woodwork or the keeper pulled of great saves is good enough... Another day and a different keeper blah blah blah... Well done for being in the right place, well done for getting the keeper worked... You never read that on here...
Its early in the season things will sharpen up and lady luck cannot hold out forever..... Well fookin done i say...

Secondly... Why change a winning team... I think its bad drills to bring Kearney back... From peoples words the whole team played great yesterday...

He should hit the bench and up his game... Makes the players realise that mistakes cost places and for that you miss out... Hungry players are what we want fighting for players...

One of the front two will mess up eventually or get injured (hopefully not lol) and then when Cadders gets his shot he wont give it up that easily ...

That is what we want.....

Kearney messed up and his replacements have showed they are more than capable to fill the breech..

I say he must now wait his turn....How can you punish someone by dropping them for being good..!!!!!

I agree that you shouldn't have to change a winning team, but it appears that our team cannot play at home as good as it does away.
Whatever people say about CT, you cant knock the way he sets up his team for away games.

I think the penny's finally dropped now regarding the team he sets up for home games with BMW been moved into the middle yesterday & the extra pace on the wing from Muirhead.

We got the great result up at Hartlepool by playing a slightly more defensive team than the one yesterday, I would like us to revert back to a more defensive line-up against Rotherham, if things go wrong then we could then go for all out attack!

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
beerbantam said:
I agree with most of your points there mate, though Muirhead MUST keep his place for Rotherham game as he deserves it, for me Ben had his best game in a City shirt yesterday, it showed he had worked hard on his final ball in the close season!!
Agreed, must keep him in after yesterdays performance..

May 22, 2005
The balance was spot on yesterday.Two wide men and Bridge in his natural midfield role.Same again at Rotherham please.

Status
Not open for further replies.