Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Zero chance of promotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
#1
If we go on todays performance. Very few positives to take from the game, a draw or a point from a home game against a very average league 1 side means NOTHING to our promotion campaign, we may as well have lost which we very nearly did and probably deserved to do.

Bobby Petta is not fit to wear the shirt and quite frankly i'd negotiate a settlement, release him and ask Summerbee if he wants to come back on similar terms to last season. I'd sooner see one of the kids in the side than Petta, and lets face it thats our only alternative now Colin Todd has had a tiff with Owen Morrison and told him to b*ggar off.

Dire performance from most today, including Dean Windass.

However when Claridge came on he seemed to make a mark and layed it off and headed it on for others quite well.
 

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
3,974
0
1,000
35
Leicester
#2
Agree, Petta looked as tho he couldnt be arsed and wanted to be somewhere else.. total shite..

Head was always down when he didnt have the ball and when he did have it, did fook all with it.
 
G
#3
Lets put it this way he needs more than a rocket up his a.rse, he needs a fookin atom bomb up there to get him going.

Oh which brings me on to Todd, thought he said that we were going to 'Attack, Attack, Attack' today and go for the jugular...well i guess we did, if having the players stroll aimlessly around the pitch, pass it back to the goalkeeper and give away the ball is his idea of going for the jugular that is.

The game was not remotely pretty or exciting, if you werent at the game today and want to know what it was like then punch yourself in the crotch, that is the nearest comparison i can offer.
 
May 24, 2005
109
0
1,000
#4
Dbantx said:
If we go on todays performance. Very few positives to take from the game, a draw or a point from a home game against a very average league 1 side means NOTHING to our promotion campaign, we may as well have lost which we very nearly did and probably deserved to do.

Bobby Petta is not fit to wear the shirt and quite frankly i'd negotiate a settlement, release him and ask Summerbee if he wants to come back on similar terms to last season. I'd sooner see one of the kids in the side than Petta, and lets face it thats our only alternative now Colin Todd has had a tiff with Owen Morrison and told him to b*ggar off.

Dire performance from most today, including Dean Windass.

However when Claridge came on he seemed to make a mark and layed it off and headed it on for others quite well.
Almost identical to the post I was going to make, 100% agree.

Deano was poor today, cant understand why Cooke was brought off instead of him, fair enough Dean is a great player, but if he isnt playing well, then why leave him on instead of someone who looked half decent?

Petta is a disgrace, would have Lewis or Owen over him on the left, I agree about Claridge, only player that won things in the air, just a shame he cant play full matches with his age.

Howarth didnt look fantastic, made a couple of good saves, his reluctance to release the ball quickly really frustrates me, he kicks it straight down the middle every single time, Deano isnt tall enough, never has been, not his fault.

Great goal for Murihead only positive, we were lucky to get a point, their right back was superb, wish we had him! Not often I notice an opposition players performance, what is his name? Looked full of energy all game.
 
May 24, 2005
109
0
1,000
#5
Dbantx said:
The game was not remotely pretty or exciting, if you werent at the game today and want to know what it was like then punch yourself in the crotch, that is the nearest comparison i can offer.
LMAO, couldnt agree more, I turned round to my mate and said, do we pay money to watch this... we must be mad.
 

gaza75

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
390
0
1,000
#6
fooking shit £18 to watch that crap you really are having a laugh Todd.Bobby Petta is a fooking joke and why did he bring Cooke off when we should have been pushing for a winner i mean he was still on the pitch when we equalised.Sorry chaps but 5 to 6 thousand gates soon because people will not put up with another season of p#ss poor home form
 
G
#8
Cadders is not injured, he is just fat, fat and unfit. Im beggining to doubt Deanos claim to be the pie eating champion while Cadders is around.
 

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
3,974
0
1,000
35
Leicester
#9
BobMolenaarForever! said:
their right back was superb, wish we had him! Not often I notice an opposition players performance, what is his name? Looked full of energy all game.
Kevin Amankwaah their right back was..

Tho anybody playin that position today would of looked good against Petta..
 

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
15,363
396
11,598
Economic traveling migrant
#10
Once again i wasnt there .. However i work with facts every day...

The facts are we have four points from september which is 1 point better than last year....

So at least thats a plus ...

We have two games to get two points to equal the End of September total...

So we are not doing too bad... Yeovil are shite but they came on the back of two wins and nothing to lose...

Points get you promoted... We got a point where last year we would have got none against a shite team...

Thats a plus forme anyway...
 

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
3,161
174
3,713
31
#11
petta was a discrace, should be fined a weeks wages for that performance!! the sad thing is Todd will probably start him on tuesday!! we need to KEEP morrision, he's a class act. The only positives today was once again a great performance from crooksie and cookie but we really did look lost without bridgey.
 

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
27,273
2,745
23,980
#12
Anyone going to admit to Crooks having a decent game?

Every pundit today not just the pulse said he was good.
 
G
#15
One thing that you could not fault Crooks for today was effort, if he lost the ball he tried to win it back and he showed no fear in his ambition to win the ball.

As soon as Petta see's someone running towards him he sh*ts his pants while Crooks just runs right into them and if either of them is injured then so be it.
 
G
#16
As you may be able to tell i feel Bobby Petta is fast becoming the most hated City player of all time. He overtook Summerbee within two weeks of his arrival and has now leapfrogged Dan Petrescu and David Hopkin.

I think we owe Summerbee, Pet rescue, and Hopkin an apology as Bobby Petta has demonstrated the true meaning of 'I dont give a sh*t as long as im earning my wage'. Petta is the Anti-McGod...i pray for the day when McCall and Jakes return and boot Petta into touch.
 
May 21, 2005
637
0
1,000
#17
Petta was an absolute disgrace today, if he went tomorrow I wouldn't give a s***.

Windass must be untouchable in Todd's eyes, theres no way Windass played better than Cooke today yet off went Cooke.
 
May 24, 2005
109
0
1,000
#19
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
Petta was an absolute disgrace today, if he went tomorrow I wouldn't give a s***.

Windass must be untouchable in Todd's eyes, theres no way Windass played better than Cooke today yet off went Cooke.
Thats the point I was trying to make about Deano and Cooke.


Forgot to mention Crooks, id have given him man of the match, although Murihead got it for his goal, I didnt see him doing much else, Crooks and Schumacher were the only ones who got stuck in, as previously said, some of Crooks long passing was superb.
 

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
3,161
174
3,713
31
#20
aye, crooks was our best player today, muirhead kept on gettting the ball trapped under his feet and lost it too much which i think counts him out. But crroks was awesome, and i seriousely doubt if tk could ever pull some of the 40 yard sprayed passes that crooks was pulling off. Also couldn't agree more with the cooke deano situation, as deano was piss poor but cook looked sharp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.